Have the conversation and keep the conversation going
In response to our research findings, Entertainment Assist, in partnership with Black Dog Institute, has designed a three hour training program specific to the needs of our entertainment industry. The program trains industry workers to better understand and prevent mental health issues, support their peers and encourage conversations about mental health.
Intermission can be delivered in your workplace and is available to the broader industry from performers to technicians and support crew.
Intermission is practical and interactive and will equip your employees/contractors/members to:
- Understand the difference between ‘normal’ mood and mental illness
- Recognise signs and symptoms of depression, anxiety and other mental health issues
- Have conversations with colleagues about their mental health
- Understand where and how to seek help
- Provide support and encouragement to peers to seek help
- Reduce and prevent mental health issues in the entertainment industry
- Build capacity across all facets of the entertainment industry to better respond to, prevent and support mental health issues
- Increase understanding around mental health and how to seek help
- Create a better informed, more supportive and responsive entertainment industry
Companies and organisations which have engaged Entertainment Assist to provide mental health and wellbeing training include: